Click Here for Berlin Police Department's Facebook Page...
Berlin Police would like to advise residents that the speed limit on Franklin Ave. in front of Berlin Community School has been lowered to 15 MPH to provide a safer environment for our children. The safety of our children is paramount; there will be zero tolerance for speeding or cell phone use in this area. Police Officers monitoring the area will be policing these activities. Also, the disregard of a stopped school bus when the lights are flashing red is a five point ticket. Your compliance and cooperation will be appreciated.
Body Worn Cameras Press Release Drunk Driver CrackdownSupporting the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over 2014 Year End Holiday Statewide Crackdown
Mission StatementWe shall preserve the safety and well being of all individuals in the Borough of Berlin through selfless public service. We shall project, through our actions, the pinnacle of integrity, honor, fairness and compassion to those in our community. We are committed to working together in problem-solving partnership with our community. We recognize our responsibility to provide superior police services with the highest professional standards, to combat crime and improve the quality of life for the citizens of Berlin. We willingly accept this responsibility and hold ourselves accountable for this accomplishment.
Lieutenant Michael Scheer
Road Construction Detail Coordinator.
For more information on NJ Sex Offender Internet Registry - click here
Detective John Feger
Sergeant Theodore Varano
Sergeant Ryan Marrlow
Social Media Coordinators
Patrolman Eric Wolf
Community Policing Coordinator
- Law Enforcement
- Calls for Police Service
- Fingerprinting of applicants by appointment
- Fingerprinting of Juveniles
- Public Relations Programs
- D.A.R.E. Training in schools
- Police week in schools
- Local Ordinance Enforcement
- Firearms licensing and permits
- Ambulance and Fire Company Assists
- Accident Investigation
- Crime Investigation
- Alcoholic Beverage Investigation and Enforcement
- State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission - http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/index.htm
- State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (Handicap Plates/Placard) - http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/HandicappedPlates.htm
- State of New Jersey Department of Transportation - http://www.state.nj.us/transportation
- New Jersey Criminal History Records Checks - http://njsp.org/about/serv_chrc.html
- New Jersey State Police Firearms Information - http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html
- New Jersey State Police Crime Reports & Statistics - http://www.njsp.org/info/stats.html
- County of Camden - http://www.camdencounty.com/
- New Jersey Courts - http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/index.html
- Motor Vehicle Crash reports may now be obtained at http://www.crashdocs.org
- (NOTE please make this link as the first link above State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission)
- New Jersey State Police Firearms Information - http://www.njsp.org/firearms
- (NOTE this is an update for New Jersey State Police Firearms Information - http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html)
- Volunteers of America - http://www.voadv.org
- Addiction Awareness Task Force - http://addictions.camdencounty.com
Sign up for notifications, alerts and advisories
click for more information
Forms Useful InformationSafe Transaction Zone
The Berlin Police Department is proud to announce the designation of a safety zone where citizens can make sales and purchases through sites like Craigslist.
"The safe transaction zones are designed to help protect our citizens as robberies, thefts and scams become more prevalent with online transaction sites," says Chief Michael DeLorenzo.
Safe Transaction Zones have been set up in the lobby and surrounding parking lots of the Berlin Police Headquarters at 59 S. White Horse ...
The announcement comes after a previous investigation where a man was charged in the deaths of a couple whose bodies were found in rural Georgia. They apparently were lured by the suspect through a Craigslist ad with hopes of buying an antique Mustang convertible. The victims, in their 60s, had been shot in the head.
Members of the Berlin Police Department say they will not participate in transactions or act as witnesses. "Our employees are not available for legal advice or allowed to settle disputes between parties involved in transactions occurring in our facility," Chief DeLorenzo said. Transactions involving weapons, drugs and/or drug paraphernalia are barred from the zones.
The lobby of the Berlin Police Department is available 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Anyone using the lobby to complete a transaction is asked to notify the police matron. Residents using the facility during the weekend or after hours are encouraged to use the parking lots which are under video surveillance.