Effective immediately , Berlin Borough Municipal Building will be closed to the public in an effort to protect employees and the public and to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the community. We will be evaluating the reopening of the Municipal Building on a week-to week basis. Our employees will still be here to answer your questions and to address your concerns.
The below municipal offices will be closed to the public. Should you need any assistance please email the following contacts:
- Clerk/Administrator’s Office (Administrator@berlinnj.org; email@example.com)
- Tax Collector/Water & Sewer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tax Assessor (email@example.com)
- Finance (Treasurer@berlinnj.org)
- Construction/Zoning/Permits (Construction@berlinnj.org )
- Municipal court sessions are suspended through April 26, 2020 in order to mitigate public exposure to COVID-19. (Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org )... go to Departments/Municipal Court for more details.
Berlin Borough Police Department will continue to operations as usual.
IF YOU HAVE A POLICE EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911. If you have a police non-emergency that requires immediate police assistance, please call 856-783-4900
Department of Public Works
To maintain a safe working distance, residents are advised to not place large items curbside that require a 'two-man operation' to remove. Items should be compact and not exceed 50lbs in weight to allow one worker to lift. Organics and light branches should also be compact and bound for curbside removal. The Trash & Recycling Facility on Watsontown-New Freedom Rd will remain open for all residents. Proper ID and proof of address is required.
Trash & Recycling Facility
373 Watsontown-New Freedom Rd
Berlin, NJ 08009
Our Department of Public Works strives to perform above expectations, especially during this time of doubt and uncertainty. If an item is left curbside, assume this is temporary until it can be safely removed with additional manpower. If you have any future concerns, feel free to contact me directly.
The playgrounds are closed until further notice.
Residents are encouraged to monitor our website for the most up to date information. We apologize for any operational inconvenience as we continue to work with County, State, and Federal government on this national emergency situation.
Important information and links:
- Report a concern: this includes reporting a pothole, trash or recycling issue and more use berlin.mobile11.com
- Pay Taxes/Sewer bills: You can mail in or drop off a check in the box in front of the Borough Hall or pay online via the website.
- CDC - Face Coverings
- THE GRACE PERIOD FOR MAY 1ST PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS has been extended UNTIL JUNE 1ST IN ACCORDANCE WITH EXECUTIVE ORDER 130Mayor Rick Miller Mayormiller@berlinnj.orgCouncil President Jim Pearce Councilmanjpearce@berlinnj.orgCouncilman Len Badolato Councilmanlbadolato@berlinnj.orgCouncilman Andy Simone Councilmanasimone@berlinnj.orgCouncilman Keith Hohing Councilmankhohing@berlinnj.orgCouncilwoman Patricia Cummings Councilwomanpcummings@berlinnj.orgCouncilman Jake Miller Councilmanjmiller@berlinnj.org